This is Adobong Sitaw At Baboy. Adobong Sitaw is a vegetable dish composed of string beans and cooked with your choice of meat such as pork, beef, chicken, fish cooked adobo style. This is a simple dish loved by many Filipinos. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 1⁄2 pound of pork belly, thinly sliced
- 1 pound of string beans, cut into 2 inch lengths and rinsed
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup of soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup of vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed then peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Saute the pork in a wok over medium heat until it start to render fat.
- Add the garlic and onions then cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the water, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ground pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the string beans and cook for about 5 more minutes or until done.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Tips: Adjust the measurements for the vinegar and soy sauce according to your taste. If necessary, add a little bit of sugar.