This is Bicol Express (Chili and Pork in Coconut Gravy). Bicol Express is pork strips or cubes with siling haba (finger chilies) cooked with coconut cream or milk. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 1⁄2 pound of pork, sliced thinly
- 1 cup of baguio beans
- 1 red onion, minced
- 3 cups of long green chili pepper, siling pangsigang
- 1 head of garlic, peeled then minced
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak chili peppers in salted water for 30 minutes, rinse and drain.
- In a cooking pan, heat cooking oil and brown sliced pork for a few minutes.
- In a separate pan, sauté minced garlic and onion.
- Add the browned pork.
- Pour coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Lower fire and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chili peppers, baguio beans and cook until dish is a little dry.
- Add the coconut cream and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt to taste.