This isGinataang Alimasag (Crabs in Coconut Milk). Ginataang Alimasag are Crabs cooked in Coconut Milk. This is a savory and creamy crab dish in coconut cream. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 3 pieces of medium-sized blue crabs cleaned and, cut into halves
- 1 inch piece of ginger, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 3 pieces of thai chili pepper
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 bundle or package of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoons of shrimp paste
- fish sauce to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Add the ground black pepper and coconut milk then bring to a boil.
- Add in the shrimp paste and fish sauce and cook for about 15 minutes
- Add the Thai chili and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in crabs and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and Enjoy.