This is Ginataang Minatamis na Munggo . Ginataang Minatamis na Munggo is a dessert made from mung beans (Munggo or Monggo) cooked in coconut milk. This is considered a comfort food for Filipinos. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 1 cup of mung beans
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- Sugar to taste
- Condensed milk (optional)
- Combine the water and mung beans in a pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer while occasionally stirring until the mung beans are tender.
- Then add the coconut milk.
- Now add some sugar, as little or as much as you want.
- Stir until well blended.
- Let this simmer for about 5 more minute.
- Stir in some condensed milk if desired.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
You may also use just the condensed milk instead of sugar. I prefer condensed milk over sugar. It adds better flavor.