This is Lechon Fried Rice. What to do with leftover rice and lechon? Mix them and walla! You have a great filling meal. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- Leftover lechon kawali or roasted lechon, sliced into bite-size pieces.
- 4 cups of chilled, cooked rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup of green peas
- 1⁄4 cup of spring onions, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- cooking oil
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Now add the eggs to the pan.
- Scramble the eggs then set it aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil followed by 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic until it begins to turn golden brown.
- Add the leftover lechon to the pan then stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Next add the green peas to the pan then cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan then quickly toss and mix the rice with the rest of the ingredients.
- Break up any remaining clumps of rice by pressing down on them with a spatula.
- Stir and mix the rice continuously to avoid scorching.
- Add soy sauce and black pepper to taste.
- Continue to stir and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the rice is hot and well blended.
- Add chopped spring onions and scrambled eggs to the pan.
- Mix until well blended.
- Turn off the heating element and transfer the lechon fried rice to a serving bowl.
- Eat while the rice is still warm and the lechon is crispy.
Add more or less soy sauce according to your taste.