This is Sarciadong Isda. Sarciadong Isda is another easy to make Filipino dish. If you have tomatoes and eggs at home, you are all set. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 2 medium-sized fish, cleaned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled then minced
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 cups of water
- 2-3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Patis to taste
- 2 tablespoons of green onions, chopped for garnishing (optional)
- Season your fish with salt.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok and fry fish until brown.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute garlic followed by onions.
- Cook until garlic is light brown and onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Pour water and season with fish sauce and ground pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- After a boil, add the beaten eggs and simmer until eggs are thoroughly cooked and evenly distributed.
- Once the eggs curdles or coagulates, you may start stirring the mixture.
- Add fried fish and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Place fried fish in serving dish, pour sauce on top.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onions.