This is Sinigang Na Salmon. Sinigang Na Salmon is another variety of Sinigang. Salmon is a good fish to use because it is a highly nutritious food. It is high in protein, the good fats, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B, Vitamin E and a lot more. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 1 pound of salmon or fish of your choice
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium-sized red onion, quartered
- 3 inch long piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 eggplant, ends trimmed and sliced to 1â_x0081_2-inch thick rounds
- 5 to 6 pieces of okra, ends trimmed
- 2 cups of string beans, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 bundle of water spinach, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 1 pack (40 grams) sinigang mix (tamarind powder)
- 10 cups of ricewash or water
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- cooking oil
- Clean and cut the fish into serving pieces then set it aside.
- Add the cooking oil to a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Now add the garlic then saute briefly.
- Next add the onions followed by the ginger and then the tomatoes.
- Stir the ingredients together then continue to saute the mixture until the onions and tomatoes start to soften.
- Season this mixture with the fish sauce.
- Then add the rice wash or water to the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add all the remaining vegetables to the pot, except for the water spinach.
- Simmer the soup for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the sinigang mix or tamarind powder into the soup and stir until well blended.
- Now add the fish to the pot and simmer for 5 to 10 more minutes, depending on how large your fish pieces are.
- Lastly you add water spinach to the pot.
- Simmer for another minute or until the spinach has wilted.
- Then remove the pot from heat and transfer the soup to a serving bowl.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy.